With the Christmas lights now twinkling up and down the High Street and throughout the town, we’re ready to get those festive celebrations started.
Whilst the lights switch-on event may not have been able to take place this year, there’s still plenty of fun activities for you to get involved with in Guildford over the festive season.
- Late night shopping starts in earnest on Thursday 2nd December, with many of the town’s stores staying open past 6.00pm, ideal for post work present picking! Look out for the Experience Guildford Elves who’ll be surprising lucky shoppers by providing them with gift vouchers to help pay for their shopping.
- Bag a prize every day in December during the run-up to Christmas with our Mi Rewards Advent Calendar. Sign up Mi Rewards Guildford and use your registered card to shop locally at participating retail and leisure businesses and you could win a £50 voucher each day you make a purchase from 1st to 24th Sign up here: https://bit.ly/3CRy9Zk
- Take part in the Festive Present Trail from 1st December – 3rd January – fun for all the family and a perfect excuse to have a mooch around the town!
Use the trail map to find the 10 giant presents dotted around the town, sneak a peek at the gift tags and make a note of the word that’s written on each to help you make a festive phrase. Find out more and how to get forms here.
- Strike a festive pose at Phoenix Court’s giant Snow Globe! The perfect seasonal selfie opportunity, right beside a mini alpine parklet
- The market offering in the town has also been extended this Christmas, so there’s even more opportunity to find inspiration for presents for loved ones (and gifts for yourself!). See below for full listing:
Thursday 2nd December – High Street – Ethical Vegan Late Night Shopping Market 4pm to 8pm
Friday 3rd December – High Street – Christmas Craft Market 10am to 5pm
Tuesday 7th December – High Street -Guildford Farmers’ Market 10.30am to 3.30pm
Friday 10th December – High Street -Christmas Craft Market 10am to 5pm
Sunday 12th December – High Street – Antiques and Brocante Market 9.30am to 4pm
Friday 17th – Wednesday 22nd December – The Electric Theatre – Christmas Market times vary
Tuesday 21st December – Guildford Farmers’ Market 10.30am to 3.30pm
Look out for Christmas characters, pop up performances and a variety of live entertainment across the town throughout December to surprise and delight you as you do your Christmas shopping!
We have partnered with Guildford Borough Council to bring additional activities to our town over the festive season, by using the allocation of Welcome Back Funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to support our High Street.
For more information about the calendar of events taking place in the town centre over the Christmas period, visit our events page: www.experienceguildford.com/events