The Guildford Institute
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum.
The Guildford Institute is looking to recruit a Manager as maternity cover to work on and oversee all aspects of the delivery and development of our vibrant cultural organisation.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for the aims of our charity to enthusiastically help The Guildford Institute adapt and respond to new possibilities. Like many charities, our organisation has faced challenges due to the pandemic and we are looking to take the next steps to continue to build on the strength of our community hub.
The post-holder will manage a small, friendly team and will have an interesting role which provides plenty of scope for originality.
What is The Guildford Institute & What Do We Offer?
The Guildford Institute’s mission is to provide an educational, cultural and social community hub in the heart of the town offering a special place for people of all backgrounds to meet, learn and explore. The termly programme includes a range of activities, such as courses, talks and events. We are also a room hire venue, plus home to a historic Library and a vegetarian restaurant V Café.
In addition to working within a friendly team on a wide variety of projects, the post-holder will have the opportunity to interact with a vast number of local community members from within our central-Guildford location. Further benefits offered to our professional team include a highly-generous annual leave allowance and discounts on Institute courses and events.
Key Responsibilities of the Post-holder
The Institute Manager’s key areas of responsibility include to:
- Provide strategic leadership and to support the work of the trustee board. A particular area of focus will centre on the currently-vacant ground-floor space within our building
- Lead and motivate the professional and volunteer team, including maintaining an efficient, supportive and inclusive working environment
- Oversee and manage the Institute’s finances, including monitoring cash-flow, budget tracking and ensuring that the Institute has effective income-generating strategies
- Manage the Institute’s attractive, Grade II listed building to ensure that it is well maintained and well utilised
- Ensure the smooth-running of the organisation, with overall responsibility for the delivery of the Institute’s varied, cultural programme and its marketing.
What We Seek in You
- Experience of managing a team of staff
- Experience of strategic planning
- Experience in financial management and managing a budget
- Ability to balance multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to problem solve
- Flexible & adaptable approach
- Personable nature & good communicator
- A keen attention to detail
- A passion for and commitment to the aims and the work of the Institute
Full Person Specification details can be found within the Job Description.
The Guildford Institute welcomes applications from individuals from all sectors and backgrounds. We also positively invite Job Share proposals.
Key Information, Timeline and Application Method
This is a maternity cover position, which is expected to last approximately 13 months.
Please view the Job Description for further details of this position.
Rather than requesting CVs, we invite candidates to complete our application form. Key areas of focus on this form will be questions examining why you’re interested in this post and how your skills and experience match our requirements.
If you’ve got any questions in advance of submitting your application, feel free to contact Amy Rice via firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 12 noon, 8th February.
We aim to conduct interviews in the week commencing 20 February 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.